Why did we choose to have a Business Pitch contest?
We wanted to develop a contest that would actually benefit your business. By entering this contest, it brings fresh eyes to your business and you can couple telling people about the contest with any special offerings you may have.
What is a *Business Pitch?
You have 30 seconds to tell a compelling story about your business that the audience can clearly understand. Be careful what you say because the audience will be your judge!
What should I say?
When writing a business pitch, consider the nine C's:
- Concise. Keep the pitch succinct with as few words as possible.
- Clear. The pitch should be easily understood by a layman, rather than filled with acronyms and industry terminology.
- Compelling. What problem does your business solve, and what can you do for your target audience?
- Credible. Spell out what makes you qualified to do what you do without using buzzwords like outside the box or synergy. Using credibility-driven words like certified will help sell your business.
- Conceptual. Keep your pitch broad; don't go into too many details.
- Concrete. The pitch should be tangible and easily grasped by your audience.
- Customized. Each target audience is different. The pitch should be tailored to the listeners.
- Consistent. No matter how many versions of your pitch you have, they should all convey the same basic message.
- Conversational. Start the conversation, and hook your target. Keep it casual. Don't try to close a deal in the pitch
After I enter the contest what should I do?
When you enter the contest, most of the work has been done for you!
- Purchase any one of the books for sale during the event on April 18th 2015 at Chicago State University.
- Deliver your business pitch within the allotted time and within rules.
- Get the crowd involved for they will be your judges!
How will I be judged?
The entrant with the most votes by audience applause wins.
What are the prizes?
The contestant with the most votes wins up to $1000 in prizes and cash. Cash availability is subject to book sales and will not be finalized until up to four (4) weeks after the event. All cash prizes are subject to cancellation at the discretion of Honor Services. See Rules for more details.